Thursday 30 April 2015

Hum - Where would you put tax $$$$$?

Homework - due for tomorrow (in journals)

Where Should My Taxes Go?

Directions: Based on pages 281-283 of your text and the discussions we’ve had in class, create pie chart similar to the ones on page 282 of your text to show what YOU THINK should be the top priorities in spending for the Canadian government.
Requirements:
A Title
Your Name
A Pie Chart with a minimum of six spending categories
Color coding & legend
Justification for the three areas of top spending.

Justification:  Your paragraph(s) should include why you think this particular area should receive the percentage of funding you have assigned, as well as what values are reflected in your choice.

Example:  Health Care, K-12 Education, and Post Secondary Education are the highest priorities for me in terms of how I feel that the government should spend tax dollars.  The values I have that are reflected in these choices are a belief in equality and a belief in the importance of education.  I think that if a society cooperates to provide basic education and health care for all, the society as a whole improves.  I value working for the common good.  I believe that these areas should receive the most funding for the following reasons: 1, 2, and 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment